Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween








Dinner in a Pumpkin started out to be this fun festive idea, I got my recipe straight out of one of my favorite books, the 2004 UOP cookbook, I think the idea is fun however 3 ideas if you ever try it out, first pre cook your hamburger or chicken, second don't double the recipe, third try it out before you have a house full of people to feed!












We ended up having to take the food out of the pumpkin and cook it on the stove



Gardner Village






8 comments:

sandy said...

I so love the costumes! You are way too cute.

Kathy said...

You guys look so cute. I love that you dressed up with the kids.

I saw Rick today (he's so great with my boys!!!) I told him I miss you at spin. So you need to come on Friday. Want Traci to pick you up? :)

Jodi Leishman said...

The dinner in the pumpkin was a fun adventure! Next year we'll know better.

Your costumes are all adorable!

Heather S. said...

What a fun mom! I love your costume. I dressed up, but only because I had to for preschool :)

That is too funny--we had Dinner in a Pumpkin tonight for dinner. But yes, it was pretty much all cooked before I put it in the pumpkin. Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, I just make the casserole entirely on the stove and bypass the pumpkin. My kids do like the pumpkin with butter and salt though, so it makes a good vegetable side.

Jamie said...

I love your Costumes! I wish we would of seen you guys!

Familia Peña said...

Oh my gosh, Lacy. You totally pulled off Mrs. Incredible!

mickisha said...

Hey there! I switched our blog to private and wanted to make sure those that still wanted to peek in could . . . so if you could send me your email addresses my email is mickishacaye@hotmail.com. Thanks hope you are all doing good!

PS Love your halloween costume!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Lacey, don't you look hot in your costume?! I had a ton of fun talking with you at the Enrichment get together the other night. You are an awesome friend! Thanks for watching my kiddes, too!