Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mazie

Mazie turned 7! We asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said "go to dinner at Golden Coral" so we all went. Mazie is such a fun, happy, silly little girl (most of the time) we can't believe she's starting 2nd grade this year!


Mazie has been trying to get her ears pierced for 2 years now. I thought it would be a fun thing to do before she started kindergarten, however she thought different, every time we go she changes her mind, or says next year. After the first attempt she was mad at me for weeks, and had no problem letting everyone know it was because I had taken her to get her ears pierced. Well we were at the mall last week and she had told her aunt she was going to get them done for her birthday, so Jodi and I asked her if she wanted to while the Dad's were playing games in the arcade with the other kids, then it would be a surprise. she got a huge smile on her face and decided this would be the day, so uncle mike covered for us and told Rick we went to the bathroom. After we got there she sat on my lap, Jodi held her hands, and then she changed her mind, we tried everything to make her think of something different, we told her she could pick out 1 then 2 things from the store. People started to gather around to watch, it was quite the scene, but she did it and she didn't even cry. I think I got a little emotional, (you know one of those mom things), I was so proud of her, It may not be a huge thing but she was so nervous, and had wanted to do it for the pat 2 years. When we went back Rick noticed right away, picked her up, gave her a huge hug, and told her how proud he was! She never would have made it without Jodi, thanks for your help!


4 comments:

kecia said...

way to go Mazie! That takes a lot of guts!

Lisa Harris said...

Happy Birthday Maize! We love you..

Lace, she looks JUST like you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mazie! Your such a cute mom to let her get them.
By the way, your house is really cute (at the least the parts I saw). I'm excited for you and Rick. New houses are always fun. I'll need to get a tour sometime so I can see the rest.

Jodi Leishman said...

Happy Birthday Mazie!!

Thanks for letting me be a part of your ear piercing experience. Since I live with all boys, it's so fun to have some girl things to do.
:)