Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Things We Do For Our Kids

We found out that Miley Cyrus was going to be at the Stadium of Fire along with the Blue Man Group. Who would have thought it was going to be so hard to get tickets! On Tuesday Tysen, Shaley, Mom and myself all went to BYU to get a nice hot pink wrist band that we had to wear all week, this would guarantee us a spot in line on Friday when the tickets went on sale. It didn't mean that we would get tickets. So Friday at 4:00 we headed up to BYU, they called out number 664, this is where the line started. I was # 366, Shaley was 137 , Mom was 147 and Tysen was 845 (or something like that) Tysen was the closest so we used her wrist band. Tickets went on sale on line at the same time the ticket office opened, within 7 minutes they were sold out on line, word was within just a few minutes tickets were on e-bay for $1000 each. we were lucky enough to get great seats in the north end zone! The girls are going to love it! I guess one of the reasons it's going to be so hot is this will be the first time she will perform as "Miley Cyrus" not Hannah Montana

7 comments:

sandy said...

We owe you BIG TIME!!! Thanks! Can't wait for the 4th!!!

Lisa Harris said...

I couldn't be more jealous. Actually Avery couldn't be and possibly Eric. I should have asked you to get 2 more and I would have flown Ave there for it. Dang.

kecia said...

We are so excited! Thanks for waiting it out!

Sue said...

Lace-
Sorry to ask this here - but can you send me yours and Tysen's addresses?

BTW - Well done Rick! That is an awesome compliment.

Becca Brown said...

What a fun event that will be. It'll be fun to hear about it after you go. I'd love to see your girls' faces when they find out.

Rowbury Family said...

How crazy...I hope Lucas is along way from that kind of stuff. By the way I really love your blog. I'm glad you have one, now we can know all of the fun things you guys are up to and vice versa.

debra said...

Hey you- it's Debra, Jodi's cousin... sorry for the blog stalking, but I had to laugh at this post- we're going too and my girls can't wait! I was going to wait to tell them, but I decided I needed to use this as a bribe for the next few months! It's bigger than Santa if you ask me!

Your blog is darling- I love your family!