Friday, January 25, 2008

Turning 30 wasn't so bad

I have to admit I was feeling a little sorry for my self about turning 3o, I know it's silly, everyone will eventually do it, many of my good friends already have. I guess I have no room to complain. So the night of my birthday Rick and I took off for a weekend get away to San Francisco! it worked out perfect because he had some things at the Dental School he wanted to do, it was so much fun to be back, hard to believe it's almost been 5 years since we left. We spent most of our time doing the typical tourist things. Rick was always at school when I would do stuff around the city with visitors so it was lots of fun to be there with just him! Being back in the city brought back so many good memories, it did make me a little sad to think about all the fun we use to have, and how much I miss those school days, and all the good friends I made. This city will always be one of my favorites!


Fisherman's wharf and pier 39 were always favorite places to take any visitors we had, it was so much fun to go back and see all the things we use to do


Madi use to love to go the pier to watch the Sea Lions, there weren't as many this time of year as we've seen before, but it brought back so many good memories!



I don't think there was a time we went to the Pier that we didn't get these hot little donuts, we love them!

Who doesn't love the bush guy? this guy has been doing the same thing in the same place since we moved there, almost 8 years ago. it's funny to watch him scare people time and time again.

I have the BEST husband in the world! thanks for such a fun weekend Rick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite what Peter will tell you the bush guy nearly made him wet his pants the last time we were in SF. It was hilarious.

Joanna said...

Looks like a super fun getaway! Way to go, Rick! Happy birthday, Lacey!

sandy said...

Loved the pictures!!! Where did the street bathroom go? Next time you guys go we want to come too!!!

Lisa Harris said...

I think I'm going to cry for several reasons. First off..I did not call you on your birthday. I am truly sorry! Second..you went back to SF without me. Why couldn't the Ricksters have sent me instead? Third..my mouth is watering thinking of those doughnuts.
The "bush man" NEVER get's old. I laughed just seeing him in your pics.
I hope you thought of all our funny memories while you were there.
Happy belated birthday to you..I love you Lace!

matusichfamily said...

I went to school with Rick and saw your blog page on Corey page just wanted to say Hi to him and say your family is so cute..