Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas

This just might be my longest Blog yet. It's taken me a few weeks to get back in the swing of things since Christmas, I don't know if it was having the kids at home that threw me off or what, but we're back! We had a great Christmas, the kids enjoyed the time off from school and we all loved having Rick around a little more. A few years ago we were getting frustrated with the kids on Christmas Eve because they were out of control with excitement. We decided we had to do something with them, so we started going bowling in the afternoon. We had fun this year with Kris & Kecia and the girls and Tysen & Chris and Ava.




After Bowling we headed to the Leishman's first, we ate and told Christmas stories. The kids opened 1 Christmas present, strange thing it's New pajamas every year, but they love this tradition.

Then on to my parents house. Every year my Mom and Dad have fun games for the kids to play, we started out with Christmas Bingo

Who doesn't love a good fish pond? Ellie got a little paint set, Christmas morning she wasn't happy with what she got, all she wanted was her paint set from the fish pond. Had I known that was all it took to make her happy, it would have saved my lots of money and time!


The Candy bar game is one of every bodies favorite! you have lots of good candy bars in the middle of the circle, we take turns rolling the dice, depending on what you get you either get to take a candy or you have to put it back etc. It's always funny because some of the little kids get attached to their candy and cry or something if they loose it, I know it sounds mean but it's lots of good laughs!




Cute little boys!



We had a great Christmas mornig. for the second year in a row we have stayed at our own house, we've enjoyed spend Christmas morning with our little family. The kids didn't even get up that early, I think it was like 8:00






I feel like the kids opened gifts all day, Santa in the morning, Grandma Pat and Grandpa Courtney and Leishman cousins in the afternoon. And my family and cousins the next day.
We had such a fun Christmas day with so many fun things going on. We feel very lucky to be around so many people we love!





We had a fun new years eve, with friends, games, lots of good food, and a little Guitar Hero competition, Our litle friend Emma rocked the house!

=


Happy New Year !

2 comments:

Jodi Leishman said...

Fun post.

I love the kids Christmas eve pajama picture. They're so goofy!

cat+tadd=sam said...

You took so many great pictures! I'll have to steal some to store! I love the pictures with the kids in their pj's, so cute!